Author Topic: EWWWWW!!!!  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Skywalker

• Village Drunks
    • View Profile
    • http://thestompinggrounds.tripod.com
    • Email
EWWWWW!!!!
« on: June 17, 2006, 02:26:35 AM »
Ok first of all I love art, and do consiter myself somewhat of an art buff; but what the fuck!  This isn't art... it's just stupid!   This just goes to prove that people that go to arts schools are a huge waste of human skin.  Uhhhh!  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Art school serves up breast milk cocktail
Jun. 16, 2006. 08:44 AM
JUDY STOFFMAN
ENTERTAINMENT REPORTER

Mother's milk may be the healthiest food for babies, but is it art?

Yes, according to Jess Dobkin, a lesbian mother and artist who will present her work Lactation Station Breast Milk Bar on July 13 at the Ontario College of Art and Design, the institution of higher learning that a few years ago brought you vomiting as performance art.

The audience will be invited to sip during cocktail hours (5 to 8 p.m.) small cups of pasteurized breast milk donated by six lactating new mothers in the community. Dobkin has obtained a breast milk pasteurizer and will have the milk tested by a lab.

"I am taking all precautions," she said in an interview. "Donors have all been screened."

She is also designing a unique serving vessel for each woman. "I conducted interviews with all the donors and I worked with each to envision the appropriate serving device, the way different glasses are used for red or white wine. The vessel is designed to bring out the uniqueness of each woman's milk."

Following the "tasting," there will be an artist's talk and discussion.

Dobkin, who came to Toronto from New York, and has received grants from the Toronto Arts Council and the Ontario Arts Council, said in a news release she became interested in taboos surrounding breastfeeding.

"This project re-contextualizes something often regarded as indecent or repellent, offering a celebratory view," the 36-year-old said. "A substance that nourishes us in our infancy later becomes a curiosity in adulthood."
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 02:27:01 AM by Skywalker »