Author Topic: What is up with Edmonton?  (Read 2742 times)

Offline Skywalker

• Village Drunks
    • View Profile
    • http://thestompinggrounds.tripod.com
    • Email
What is up with Edmonton?
« on: May 14, 2006, 12:12:17 AM »
Ok, first off, I have to say I am trying to cheer for Edmonton now that Calgary is out of the playoffs, but this city makes it so damm hard to like it.  

They have no original ideas... car flags are everywhere like 2 years ago in Calgary.  And now they're now referring to White Avenue as the "Blue Mile"... come on... That's seriously so lame!  And I think the only reason people are going down there is because Calgary had a big party street two years ago and Edmonton wants to show everyone how cool they are.  

Plus there is no city spirit here, last night on the "Blue Mile" there were 13 stabbings and 49 arrests.  Yes 13!  Like seriously what the fuck!  

Sigh... I miss Calgary.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 05:23:18 AM by Skywalker »

Offline Ryan

• Space Cowboys
    • MSN Messenger - ryankeirstead@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 01:12:17 AM »
I saw the queer ass "Blue Mile" shit on the news last night. They showed a lot of people and I saw the grand sum of one, count it, ONE Oilers jersey.  AND I saw no titties.  Clearly they are a bunch of try hards that aren't trying hard enough. BOO TO EDMONTON!!
MW2!

Offline Aquabat

• Space Cowboys
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/infamousindustries
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 09:53:57 PM »
Blue Mile on Whyte Ave, yup sounds logistically Edmontonian.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 09:54:28 PM by Aquabat »
I'm on Fire - And Now I Think I'm Ready,
To Bust a Move - Check it Out I'm Rockin'Steady

Offline Skywalker

• Village Drunks
    • View Profile
    • http://thestompinggrounds.tripod.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 05:20:58 AM »
I dunno if you guy saw any of the "Blue Mile" coverage from Saturday on the news down there... freaking pathetic if you ask me. There were only 50 thousand people on the street and half the street signs were torn up, tons of windows and street lamps were busted, tons of fist fights, people tearing up wooden fences to start bonfires in the middle of the street, plus a ton of arrests. Edmonton is a bloody shame!

In Calgary we had 100 thousand people and I don't recall seeing any street signs being torn up or for that matter any fights at all. Plus there were lots of hot chicks showing skin.    We actually have respect and pride in our city. There is no city sprit up here just a bunch of morons! I am now actively cheering against the Oilers.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 05:24:22 AM by Skywalker »

Offline Aquabat

• Space Cowboys
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/infamousindustries
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 06:13:35 AM »
When the worst problem was public urination and nudity in Calgary, you know you got it good, especially in comparison.....

Go Canes Go!!!!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 06:13:57 AM by Aquabat »
I'm on Fire - And Now I Think I'm Ready,
To Bust a Move - Check it Out I'm Rockin'Steady

Offline Mikal

• A-Team
    • MSN Messenger - mikegoodwin@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 05:30:40 PM »
Edmonton is full of all the people Calgary won't let in. That's why they have to copy our Red Mile. They also have to try showing us up by tearing their city apart. I think it's all a conspiracy, the Calgary fans are inciting all the Edmonton fans to wreck their city and stab and fight one another.
Only Jack Van Impe can save us now... PRAISE HIM!